|Position:||Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Term:||3 months contract to start with potential for extension or full-time|
|Security Clearance Requirements:||Must not have any restrictions that would prevent the granting of a Secret security clearance. More Information|
C4i Training & Technology is looking for an Intermediate Technical Writer for its portfolio of products. The candidate will be responsible for delivering high-quality user guide and training material. To be successful at this role, the candidate must be a self-starter capable of managing multiple responsibilities. The candidate must also be able to obtain Secret security clearance. Only residents of Canada will be considered.
- Identify documentation requirements by analyzing and understanding the product, and collaborating with the development team
- Design documentation and training strategy for software products
- Write concise and visually compelling user guide and training material
- Support Business Development with the creation of marketing materials
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 6 years of experience, or technical diploma with 5 to 8 years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with technical writing and preparation of training materials
- Communicate effectively with technical personnel to determine documentation requirements and business needs
- Experience writing for multiple technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Education and/or training related to technical writing and instructional material design
- Experience writing for the defense and/or simulation industry
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience with software testing including the use of defect tracking tools
- Experience with help authoring tools such as MadCap Flare
C4i Training & Technology is a software innovation and training services company that specializes in military constructive simulations, as well as collaboration and planning software. We have an informal and flexible work culture that is centered on collaboration and teamwork. We offer competitive remuneration and other benefits including free parking, a casual dress-code and company-sponsored events.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please note that only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada, can qualify for Secret Security Status, and are eligible for Canada’s Public Works and Government Services Controlled Goods Program and Security Assessment Application will be considered.